Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lazy Day-z

Summer is almost gone...and I can't say I'm sad about it. I am not much for the heat. Matt is ready, too. He's been bored all summer and is ready for school to start back up. He goes back, officially, August 20th; the students follow on the 25th. He's so ready that he even went 'school' clothes shopping...granted it was at the DAV and Salvation Army, but the point is he actually went shopping!

Gracie got her first haircut on Thursday; she looks just like a Wookie. Her eyes are more google-y now, too. She's still working on the potty training and does good going outside for #1, but when it comes to #2 she likes to go in the house....lucky us. She is a pleasure to have though!

I have been getting some cake "business". I have a birthday cake and a baby shower cake to do. I'm excited! I love seeing the end result! I also leave for Long Beach, CA in two weeks! I'm so excited to see my bestest friend, Rebecca! We are looking into getting tickets to the Price is Right! Oh, that would be so awesome, and I could mark that off the bucket list!!! :)

Matt's still looking for a truck, but has his fixed for now. Once he got his fixed, mine started acting up on me and quit in the parking lot of my work. So, Matt came and picked it up and took it to our mechanic....I just needed a new fuel filter. He said mine was so clogged with rust and grime. How embarrassing. I guess it's better than something major, though. My old co-worker Barb used to say "I'd rather give birth than have car troubles", but I'm not so sure about that.

Well, that's it for now! 'Til next time....

1 comment:

Schneiderdoodle said...

You should definitely post pictures of your cakes when you are done...not sure why but I love seeing pretty cakes! Have fun in CA and look up Starr she lives in Long Beach now.