Rick, Terresa and Magan put their shirts on right away! My mom decided to call everyone, hehe, while the rest of us kept playing the Wii. Right, more on the baby...we are due March 21st, every Sunday I turn a new "week". So, right now I am 10.4 weeks and this coming Sunday I will be 11 weeks. We go to hear the heartbeat on the 11th of September, then 4 weeks after that, we get to find out what "it" is! Can't wait for that day! Matt thinks a boy and I think a girl, lol.
Well, after all that excitement, I got to drive up to St. Louis on the 18th because my flight to Long Beach, California left Tuesday (the 19th) morning. I stayed with my friend Rebecca until Saturday. We went to the Grove, the Farmer's Market, Griffith Park, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Wax Museum (save your $17...), Hollywood (History) Museum, Mann's Chinese Theater, a few malls, Hard Rock Cafe~Hollywood, Universal Studios City Walk, Santa Monica Pier, a lot of delicious eateries and it was a fun time. Something everyone should do once in their life, but you won't find me moving out there anytime soon (or ever...). Pictures to come soon.
I got back Saturday the 23rd and that Monday, Matt started school up again. He has 6 different preps out of 7 classes (the 8th is his plan block). He's teaching Integrated Science, Integrated Math I, Integrated Math II, Physics I (x2), Physics II and Credit Recovery. The new science wing hasn't been completed yet, so he doesn't get to start anew in the new building, so that was a bummer. Actually, it's a super bummer, because the whole science department are roomless. They were all assigned to be in different parts of the school (i.e. the gyms, library, different classrooms). Matt got 'screwed' on the deal and has 6 different classrooms. Which means that just about every class he has to travel all around the school to different rooms to teach his classes.
After carrying all his stuff around the first day, he decided to ask the teachers of those classrooms if they wouldn't mind him leaving his stuff in there. I'm sure they won't mind, because it's a stinky situation for all (especially Mr. McPheeters...). They don't expect the new building to be done for another 3-4 weeks, which means he will have to be a traveling teacher until then. Bum deal.
Other than the room situation, he's been liking his new year so far. No problems with any of the students yet, but it's only day 3. I'll keep you updated on the school year. Oh, and I also applied for a secretarial position at one of the local elementary schools today! So that means, if I get the job, Matt and I will have the same days off and most of the summer off together, too! I'm excited and hope things pan out...I'll keep you updated on that one, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment