Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Huh...




I didn't even realize I still had this blog. I tried to get to it, but it said it didn't exist, so I created a new blog, then went to sign in and it was this blog. Crazy Internet. Well, life as a Brown-Eyed Girl sucks right now. I'm bored with my job....it's SO A.D.H.D and considering I have that myself (Self-diagnosed, anyway) we don't mesh well at ALL anymore. Ugh.




Also, my best bud, Elvis (a miniature schnauzer) had to put down on the 9th of this month. He had IMPA (Immune-Mediated Polyarthritis) and his medicine stopped working. They said his body was tired and giving up and there was nothing else they could do. He didn't even make it to his first birthday. It was SO hard to see him put down. He was so smart and so human-like I felt like I was putting down my own kid.

Rest In Peace Elvis




A week later, my husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary by getting a puppy! Our hearts were so wounded, that we needed something to fill the void...and in comes Gracie. She is definitely a saving grace. She is a shih-tzu/bichon frise mix (Shih-Bichon is what the breeder called her) and is almost 12 weeks old. She is definitely helping our hearts heal. AND she is the total opposite of Elvis: Furry, Colorful, Lazy, Female, and looks nothing like him AT ALL, which is what we wanted. I have seen other schnauzers since Elvie died, and I start to tear up...they remind me of him and I think if we would have got another schnauzer, it would have been harder to heal.





That's it. Other things suck too, but not things I would blog about here. My family can read this ;)

2 comments:

Schneiderdoodle said...

I am so sorry to hear about Elvis! Big hugs to you and Matt. Gracie is adorable though and I'm sure she'll bring you equal amounts of Joy. I'm getting a teacup shih-zu as my wedding present. We get to bring home our puppy right after the honeymoon!

Unknown said...

Really sorry to hear about Elvis. Glad to hear that you have Gracie though, she is adorable.

Hard to believe that you've already been married 1 year. You know it's been one year to the day since I found out I was pregnant with Isaac. Time goes by so fast. I hope that you and Matt really enjoy the time that you have together and never take it for granted. Before you know it you'll be married for 10 years and you'll wonder where the time went...trust me I know.

I'm glad you have a blog. I've enjoyed finding out what's going on in your life. Love ya and look forward to hearing more.